One of CTL’s featured and truly exciting programming in North America has been CTL Shabbatonim. The goal of the Shabbaton is to offer alumni a warm and memorable Shabbat experience where they broaden their spiritual horizons and raise their communal sensibilities. At such a shabbaton, an alumnus has the opportunity to:
- Enjoy a wonderful Shabbat together with their chevra.
- Hear about Jewish communal leadership first hand from renowned Rabbinic and community leaders
- Network and establish relationships with active community Rabbis and lay leaders
- Contribute to a community by delivering a d’var Torah or shiur, and raising the level of discussion in communal events
- Depending on the Shabbat:
Reconnect over Shabbat with a Ra”m from the yeshiva
Spend Shabbat with the Rabbi of the community who is an alumnus of the yeshiva
Spend Shabbat with a scholar-in-residence who is an alumnus of the yeshiva in shabbatonim geared for professionals in different fields, e.g. Medical Ethics and Halacha.